Design and write simple and efficient T-SQL code in SQL Server 2019 and beyond. Writing T-SQL that pulls back correct results can be challenging. This book provides the help you need in writing T-SQL that performs fast and is easy to maintain. You also will learn how to implement version control, testing, and deployment strategies.
Hands-on examples show modern T-SQL practices and provide straightforward explanations. Attention is given to selecting the right data types and objects when designing T-SQL solutions. Author Elizabeth Noble teaches you how to improve your T-SQL performance through good design practices that benefit programmers and ultimately the users of the applications. You will know the common pitfalls of writing T-SQL and how to avoid those pitfalls going forward.
What You Will Learn
- Choose correct data types and database objects when designing T-SQL
- Write T-SQL that searches data efficiently and uses hardware effectively
- Implement source control and testing methods to streamline the deployment process
- Design T-SQL that can be enhanced or modified with less effort
- Plan for long-term data management and storage
Who This Book Is For
Database developers who want to improve the efficiency of their applications, and developers who want to solve complex query and data problems more easily by writing T-SQL that performs well, brings back correct results, and is easy for other developers to understand and maintain